SAVE THE DATES
PUMA Women's Ignite Flash Evoknit Satin EN Pointe Wn Sneaker Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership VG EX ASICS X Gel-Nimbus 18 T6K4N 9790 US Mens Size 8.5 Trainer Sneaker Comic
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman ASICS Men's GEL-Excite 4 Running shoes Black Carbon Black Running Sneakers: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
PUMA Platform Slide Bold Womens Sandals
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
PUMA Women's Vikky Platform Sneaker - Choose SZ color
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
PUMA Women's Ignite Flash Evoknit Stripped Wn SneakerPUMA Women's Ignite Dual Proknit Wn's Running shoes - Choose SZ colorPUMA MODERN SOLEIL-W Womens Modern Soleil Sportstyle Sneaker- Choose SZ color.
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
PUMA Womens Rebel Mid Wns VR- Pick SZ color.PUMA Women's Vikky Platform Velvet Rope BL - Choose SZ colorPuma Trinomic BOG Sports Women Trainers Running shoes Grape 361470 01 U34PUMA 36360902 Womens Vikky Platform Metallic Fashion Sneaker- Choose SZ color.
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
PUMA Women's x MAC ONE Classic Sneakers Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Asics Gel Kayano 24 T749N 8990 trainers shoes eu 43.5 us 9.5 NEW + BOX
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
PUMA Women's Enzo Strap Knit Sneaker
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the CONCEPTS X ASICS GEL LYTE V MIX & MATCH PACK LIMITED RARE FREE SHIPPING DS.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- NIKE Air Craft Men's Sneakers shoes Size US 11.5 1989 Vintage Fashion Y107
- Nike SB Blazer NECKFACE edition Size 10 Yellow High Top
- Nike Kobe IX 9 Elite High Premium EXT QS Snakeskin Size 10 Used Limited DS
- Nike Air Jordan 2011 Q FLIGHT YOTR YEAR THE RABBIT BLACK RED gold 454486-008 12
- 2005 NIKE AIR TRAINER 1 SB HUF gold DIGGER QS 306193 261 SIZE 9.5
- Nike Zoom Train Action Training shoes Coastal bluee Black White Mens Size 12
- Adidas Superstar 360 C Year of The Pig Red Black CNY Kids Casual shoes CG6573
- NEW New Balance 996 Mens Size 6 Retro Connoisseur Ski M996CSMI Made in USA
- Vans Men's Sneakers SK8 Hi Reissue shoes High Trainers Tall Leather Canvas New
- Nike 2003 Air Zoom Generation Lebron James Size 11.5 White Vars Crimson Black
- NIB Nike Free Rn Flyknit 2017 Sneaker Purple Black 880844-004 Women's Sz 6 8
- Adidas ZX 8000 Boost Purple White Black B26370
- Adidas Originals Swift Run Primeknit Women's Icey bluee Icey bluee White CG4137
- New Balance MS247GP D Flavours orange Gum Men Lifestyle Casual shoes MS247GPD
- Puma Women's Suede Heart Artica WN's Low-Top Sneakers White (Puma White) 8
- Nike MEN'S Air Foamposite Pro Premium ELEPHANT PRINT SIZE 6 FITS WOMEN'S 7.5 NEW
- Mens Nike MOON RACER Running shoes -React Foam -AQ4121 200 -Sz 10 -New
- NIKE ZOOM KD10 KD 10 X LMTD LIMITED VETERANS DAY STUCCO SZ 13.5 [897817-002]
- Nike Air Tailwind 79 OG Sz 11.5 color Vast Grey ALT Photo bluee BQ5878-001
- Nike SB Dunk Mid Pro Tokyo Canvas Denim 2008 Size 9
- Air Jordan 12 Wings sz 8.5 DS BNIB 848692-033
- High Retro- vintage Men Nike Royal blueE WHITE Air Force 10 us 9 -EUR
- NIKE Womens Nike Air Zoom Accurate 909734-002 PURE PLATINUM Size 9
- Adidas T-SHIRT M L mod. ENDURO col. green Black
- NIKE KOBE 1 PredRO UNDEFEATED Green Camo AQ3635-300 Men's Size 8.5 New Deadstock
- New Nike SFB Field 8 Size 10 Mens Tactical Field Boots Khaki Tan 631371 220
- Nike Lil Penny Posite PRM QS Allstar NOLA Gumbo Sneaker Size 12 652121 001
- Adidas Superstar Size 10.5 “Knicks”
- Puma Suede Classic+ 352634 75 red-white
- BARGAIN Asics Gel 195TR Mens Cross Training shoes (2E) (103)
- Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Piel shoes Ocio Deporte Zapatillas brown 924447-700
- AIR MAX LEBRON SLIDE 2 ELITE [578251-838] Mango Green Pink Sandals Size 11 New
- Nike Kyrie 4 Mamba Mentality Sneakers Mens Size 14 Black Yellow Irving AV2597001
- Nike Womens Classic Cortez White Black Running shoes Size 10 (220716)
- Size 9 adidas Yeezy Wave Runner 700 Boost
- NEW adidas Crazy Explosive Boost - White Black Basketball shoes (Men's 18)
- Adidas Women's Refine Adapt Running shoes
- Nike Air Jordan 1 One Retro High Pinnacle Vachetta Tan Lux OG 705075-201 SZ 14
- Rare Nike Air Force 1 High Blazer Pack shoes 315121-602 Fuchsia Pink sz 10 Suede
- Nike Air Max 120 Men’s Running, Cross Training shoes 819857-100 SZ 9 New in box
- Nike Flyknit Chukka Lunarmax Sp Mint Green Size 7 Nikelab
- NIKE LEBRON XI 11 GRAFFITI 616175-100 what the gold team mvp heat elite hero
- NIKE SB BRUIN HYPERFEEL COOL GREY BLACK - WHITE
- Puma ST Runner v2 NL Brand new Size 10.5
- Mens ASICS GEL ATTRACT Running Trainers T23RQ 7093
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Asics Mens Gel Kayano 25 Running shoes Road, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Vans SK8-hi top imperial canva bluee MEN size 7.5 woman 9 sneakers shoes new to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email VINTAGE Vans Classic Slip On Red Skull Bandana Mens Size 5 Rare Discontinued or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
PUMA Women's Eskiva High RemasterPuma Basket Sock Style evoKnit Womens Lace Up Trainers Black 365832 03 U39
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Puma Dare Trainers, Black Black, 4.5 UK
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Kimutaku VANS ERA Paisley Supreme 29cm from japan (1809
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.